Food & Beverages
IMPROVUM has created innovative solutions for the food & beverage industry for over 10 years. Our extensive experience includes solutions on farms, crop fields, slaughterhouses and a variety of power electronics technologies in the winemaking and olive oil industries.
Thanks to our intimate understanding of the food & beverage sector, our designs are informed by the cutting-edge developments in the industry.
- Checking food freshness: Design, development and implementation of an electromechanical quality control device for NFC food tags which measure the content freshness.
- Drying racks for sausage: Electromechanical design, development and implementation of the electrical and control system, electromechanical assembly and set up of a machine that hangs sausages on drying bars.
- Turning swine blood into protein powder: Equipment selection, electrical and control system development and implementation, electrical and control cabinets set up and commissioning of a pilot plant within a slaughter house that processes blood to obtain protein powder.
- Creating biofuel from swine hair: Design of a pH-monitoring system, electrical and control system development and implementation, electrical switchboard and control system creation and installation of a pilot plant at a slaughterhouse that converts swine a hair into fuel for biomass boilers.
- Accelerating produce ripening: Industrial process scale-up, equipment selection, mechanical design, development and implementation of an electrical and control system, creation and installation of electrical switchboard and control systems and their set up in a pilot plant that produces a molecule that speeds fruit and vegetable ripening.
Environment & Water
IMPROVUM has participated in a multitude of sustainability projects.
Some of our projects include the creation of innovative solutions for equipment and installation of water desalination systems, landfill wastewater treatment, production lines of ecologic paper, machines for the selective sorting of waste to name a few. With more than 10 years of experience in the sector, we know the keys to success.
- Water purification: Electromechanical design, development and implementation of the electrical and control system, electromechanical assembly and set up of a test bench for reverse osmosis membrane validation.
- Converting manure into biomass and plant fertilizer: Industrial process scale-up, mechanical equipment design for electrocoagulation, selection of auxiliary equipment, development and implementation of electrical and control system, creation and installation of electrical switchboard and control systems and their set up in a pilot plant that treats turns farm manure into biomass and plant fertilizer.
- Water treatment: Industrial process scale-up, 3D design of plant, development and implementation of electrical and control system, electrical and control cabinet set up and commissioning of a pilot plant that treats wastewater from a landfill.
- Paper products: Electrical project development, electrical cabinet design and life-cycle assessment of a pilot plant that produces tissue paper.
- Selective sorting of waste: Electrical project development, set up and commissioning of electrical and control cabinet, development of controllers for high-speed valve managed by a machine via ethernet for the selective sorting of waste.
- Seawater desalination: Industrial process scale-up, development and implementation of electrical and control system, electrical and control cabinet set up and commissioning, life-cycle analysis for a solar-based desalination pilot plant that treats seawater.
Energy & Power
IMPROVUM has participated in the development of projects in the energy and power industry for more than 10 years. We have extensive experience in renewable energy as well as conventional energy sources. Our track-record of creating industry-changing products enables us to transform a client’s idea into an innovative solution that fits their needs.
Tenemos una amplia experiencia en energías renovables, así como en fuentes de energía convencionales. Esta experiencia nos permite transformar la idea de un cliente en una solución innovadora que se ajuste a sus necesidades.
- Integrating panels: Mechanical design of a drainage and maintenance system, development of electrical system to interconnect cells, dimensioning of energy management systems and life-cycle analysis and for panels that generate electricity throughout the plant.
- Wind turbines: Development and implementation of control system and data exchange running through the cloud for a network of water turbines for micro-generation of electricity.
- Measuring butane levels: Design and prototyping of a non-invasive measurement system that uses ultrasound technology to check the level in a butane cylinder.
IMPROVUM has created hardware and firmware for multiple reliable wearable devices to monitor and share pertinent information to care providers. We’ve developed electronic solutions portable devices that monitor and share pertinent devices for doctors, caregivers and patients.
- Tracking Alzheimer’s symptoms: Design of an innovative system that uses advanced algorithms to monitor the symptoms of patients with Parkinson’s disease.
- Monitoring elderly individuals: Design of a 3D monitoring system for elderly individuals who live alone. The bracelet device provides information on the user’s location within and outside of the house, body temperature, vital signs and possible falls.
IMPROVUM participates in projects that develop new lighting systems, making use of LED technology while employing new techniques for light regulation to modify the visible spectrum.
- Communication bridge: IMPROVUM designed a communication bridge that allows interoperability between devices that use different industrial communication protocols such as DALI, DMX or ZigBee ZHA
Transport and mobility
IMPROVUM has developed a line of products within the services sector, including products for door opening and vehicle tracking during transportation.
- Package tracking: Design and development of a package tracking system for the shipping industry that uses Low Energy Bluetooth and Power Line Communication
- Unlocking doors with flashing cell phone light: Design and development of a teleprocessing system that can lock and unlock doors by using flashing light emitted from the cellphone screen.
Industry & Manufacturing
IMPROVUM has developed several innovative solutions for the food industry in the last years. Our experience includes the development of solutions for energy optimization in crop fields; novel meet processing methods and waste disposal for slaughterhouses; design and construction of production lines for food handling, packaging and waste treatment. We have also worked in the wine sector and the oil industry applying various high-power electronics technologies to optimize the use of raw materials. Thanks to our broad understanding of the sector, our designs take advantage of cutting-edge developments in the industry.